Volume XLVI - August 2013
Published annually by Western Piedmont Community College as an announcement of courses and programs, this catalog is for informational purposes and does not constitute a contract. The College reserves the right to make changes in policies and regulations and to add or withdraw course offerings as needed.
Western Piedmont Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at1 866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia, 30033-4097 or telephone 404-679- 4500, or email http://www.sacscoc.org for questions about the accreditation of Western Piedmont Community College.
Normal inquiries about the institution, such as admission requirements, financial aid, educational programs, etc., should be addressed directly to Western Piedmont Community College and not to the Commission’s office. The Commission on Colleges is to be contacted only if there is evidence appearing to support significant non-compliance with a requirement or standard.
- Associate Degree Nursing is accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission 3343 Peachtree Road, NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326, (404) 975-5000, www.nlnac.org.
- Basic Law Enforcement Training is accredited by the North Carolina Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commission 1700 Tryon Park Drive, Raleigh, NC 27602-0149, (919) 661-5980.
- Dental Assisting is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611, (312) 440-4653.
- Early Childhood Education is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children 1313 L Street, NW Suite 500, Washington, DC 20005.
- The Medical Assisting Diploma program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org), upon the recommendation of the Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB). Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs 1361 Park Street, Clearwater, FL 33756, (727) 210-2350.
- Medical Laboratory Technology is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) 5600 N. River Road, Suite 720, Rosemont, IL 60018-5119, (773) 714-8880.
- North Carolina Board of Nursing
- North Carolina Department of Justice/Criminal Justice Standards
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Association of Community and Junior Colleges
- American Association for Paralegal Education
- American Council on Education
- Cooperative Education Association
- International Association for Campus Law Enforcement
- Learning Resources Network
- National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- National Council for Resource Development
- National TechPrep Network
- North Carolina Association of Colleges and Universities
- North Carolina Community College System
- North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification
Western Piedmont Community College, as an Equal Opportunity Institution, complies with applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion, age, ethnic origin, association, or disability. It is the policy of Western Piedmont Community College that no person shall be discriminated against in employment, admissions, or educational activities. The College will provide reasonable accommodations, modifications or adjustments through the use of nondiscriminatory policies and procedures for persons with qualifying disabilities. Inquiries concerning Federal Title IX, Section 504, and related laws may be addressed to the Director of Human Resources, 1001 Burkemont Avenue, Morganton, NC 28655 or telephone 828-438-6000 or TDD 828-438-6066.