The following is a listing of course descriptions arranged alphabetically by subject. Each listing contains the following information about the course:
1. COURSE PREFIX indicates the subject area of the course.
2. COURSE NUMBER indicates the level of the course. Courses with a first digit of 0 are developmental and do not earn graduation credit for any program. Courses numbered 100-109 and 200-209 earn graduation credit for diploma and certificate programs only. Courses numbered 110-199 and 210-299 earn graduation credit for all programs.
3. COURSE TITLE indicates the general course topic.
4. CONTACT-CREDIT VALUE indicates the class, lab, clinical/work experience hours and credit hours for the course. EX: 3-0-3 indicates that the course meets 3 class and 0 lab hours per week and earns 3 SHC. 3-3-4 indicates that the course meets 3 class and 3 lab hours per week and earns 4 SHC. 1-0-9-4 indicates that the course meets 1 class hour, 0 lab hours, and 9 clinical or work experience hours per week and earns 4 SHC.
5. PREREQUISITE, if any, indicates course(s) that must be completed prior to enrolling for the course. No technical or vocational courses
completed more than seven years ago will satisfy prerequisite or co-requisite requirements.
6. CO-REQUISITE, if any, indicates course(s) that must be taken either prior to or along with the course. No technical or vocational courses that were completed more than seven years ago will satisfy prerequisite or co-requisite requirements.
7. COURSE DESCRIPTION indicates the general content of the course as contained in the Common Course Library for the North Carolina Community College System. Specific features of the course at Western Piedmont may be indicated in a fourth sentence.
8. Consult your advisor for information about course scheduling.